Valentine's Day in South Africa is celebrated with great passion and enthusiasm. The day is celebrated on 14th February every year. The craze and energy for the festival is like any other festival in South Africa. The geographical location of the country has made it one of the most romantic destinations.
Thousands of tourists get attracted towards the beauty of the place when it comes to celebrate the festival of love. Large numbers of tourists visit the beaches and other romantic places of South Africa to celebrate Valentine's Day.
Valentine's Day activities in South Africa
- Most commonly observed traditions in South Africa includes going out on a romantic date with one's Valentine. Young couples make it traditional to celebrate the day at a very romantic place. Also, young girls celebrate the occasion by following an old-age Roman festival of 'Lupercalia'. According to this traditional festival, young girls pin their lovers name on their sleeves.
- South Africa has a rich and diverse heritage in terms of wildlife and ethnic cultures. Valentine's Day in South Africa is spent by celebrating in cheerful manner with good food, exotic wines and exchange of gifts.
- South Africa has many wildlife parks like Kruger National Park. Tucked away in the mountains, are several luxurious resorts with a panoramic view of the scenery. The retreats are simply a slice of paradise.
- For couples looking for total privacy, small coastal villages are just the place. Hermanus is a coastal village, which has a hotel overlooking the Walker Bay. The modern South African cuisine accompanied by finest regional wines is one of the attractions of this hotel.
- Valentine's Day in South Africa known for its grandiosity in the celebration. There are many parties complete with foot tapping music, huge dance floor and alcoholic beverages.
- Valentine's Day celebrations begin well in advance in South Africa. Shops and market places are beautifully adorned with fragrant flowers, love symbols like cupid, love birds, hearts and in traditional African style decorations.
- Many other events like river rafting, mountaineering amidst the exotic islands of Cape Town and Johannesburg are main attraction of the day. Luxurious resorts give the most enthralling view and rated as one of the best place to spend a romantic evening.